The first church spreads religion to the surrounding villages within its influence area. Without a church to influence the troops, troops outside a churches area of influence will fight with a 50% reduced efficiency both in defense and offense capabilities.
- A first church is only available on worlds that have religion enabled in their settings.
- The first church can only be constructed once.
- If a first church village is conquered, all the villages inside the conquered first church radius will fight at 50% strength, unless covered by another church.
- Supporting troops sent from a village outside a church radius will fight at 100% strength so long as the village they're stationed in is religious.
- The first church cannot be targeted by catapults in a battle. The only way to remove a first church is to noble the village it belongs in.
- The first church influence area only affects your own villages, not allies or other players villages.
Village Headquarters : Level 5
Farm : Level 5
|Level||Requirements||Pop needed / Pop total||Influence area|
|1||16000 20000 5000||5000 / 5000||4|
|2||20160 25600 6300||2750 / 7750||6|
|3||25402 32768 7938||4263 / 12013||8|
Should I make a church village defensive or offensive? - Taking into account that a church village will use up a lot of population space it is recommended that you make the village defensive or turn it into a scout village.
What is the difference between a Church and First Church? - You can only have one First Church constructed and it cannot be upgraded. If used smartly, you can use the First Church as a fast way of making new caps religious.